Corporate finance & securities
Mergers & acquisitions
Austin’s practice involves a broad range of corporate transactions, including general business issues and contracting, mergers and acquisitions, private and public debt and equity financings, securities compliance, capital markets and corporate governance. Austin regularly works with emerging growth companies as well as established private and public companies located throughout the United States and internationally. Austin also has experience as a commercial litigator. Prior to practicing law, he worked in financial services where he provided clients with strategic investment advice.
Admitted to practice
Willamette University College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude
Linfield College, B.A., Business Administration, Finance
Perkins Coie LLP, Portland, OR, Associate
Davis Rothwell Earle Xóchihua, PC, Portland, OR, Associate
Willamette University, College of Law, Salem, OR, Legal Research and Writing Assistant
Oregon Financial Group, Portland, OR, Financial Planning and Investments
Memberships & activities
St. Francis Catholic Church, Pastoral Council Member
Lewis & Clark Small Business Legal Clinic, Pro Bono Attorney
St. Andrew Legal Clinic, Race for Justice Committee Member (2012 – 2016)
Willamette Law Review, Business Editor
Representative reported transactions
Representative Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented small cap technology companies in their sale to larger, strategic buyers.
- Represented a mid-sized printing company in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented large, private institutional company in the acquisition of numerous parking structures and garages in various states.
- Represented wind-turbine manufacturer in the sale of wind turbines to a wind farm operator.
- Represented a mid-sized investment bank in its sale to a large public company.
- Represented a mid-sized public company in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented various large private and public companies in their acquisitions of small to large cap companies.
Representative Private and Public Company Governance and Financings
- Represented large utility company in public debt offerings, securities law compliance and various corporate governance issues.
- Represented several, mid-sized public companies in various common and preferred share offerings, debt offerings, shareholders rights plan, shelf registration statements, establishing dividend reinvestment plans, securities law compliance and various corporate governance issues.
- Represented various small to mid-sized growth companies in tech and other industries in various common and preferred offerings, securities compliance, recapitalizations and various corporate governance issues.